We recognise the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. All personal information about you will only be collected, processed and used in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Collection of personal information from you
We collect personal information about you, including, for example, your contact details (such as email address, name, address and phone number), age, interests and investable assets.
In particular, we collect personal information:
- when you submit information through our Website, such as when you register a user account, retrieve log-in information, or request a new password;
- when you submit information through information collection pages on our Website;
- when you register for subscriptions to mailouts (including via email), newsletters, updates, or other related information/publications through our Website;
- when you use our Website, in which case our system may automatically collect information relating to your visit to our Websites, such as your IP address;
- when you are involved in providing content for use on the Website or otherwise;
- when you contact us (through our Website, via email or phone) with queries or issues or request that we, our content providers, or associates contact you; or
- when you participate in our promotions or competitions.
Using your personal information
- provide you with information, content, products and/or services;
- improve information, content, products and/or services or our Website;
- enable our content providers and associates to provide you with information, products and/or services. Note that your personal information will only be provided to our content providers upon your request;
- keep you informed about activities, content, products and services associated with our Website;
- respond to your queries, request and issues;
- conduct promotions and competitions, and to manage Company and content partner related events, subscriptions and sponsorships;
- facilitate access to and management of our Website; and
- operate our business efficiently.
Using your personal information for marketing
We may use personal information you have provided to us, including your email address, postal address and telephone number, to contact you to provide you with information in relation to content available on our Website, new or updated content, special offers, promotions or competitions or other items or material that you may be interested in.
We may also share your personal information with our content providers for the same purposes.
We will only contact you in this way if you have consented to receive such messages.
If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be removed from our mailing lists, or use the unsubscribe facilities included in our marketing communications.
Disclosing your personal information
In order to run our business efficiently, improve and provide content, products and services to you, respond to your queries and/or send you information about future content, products, services and/or activities that you may be interested in (either from us or our content providers), your personal information may be disclosed to service providers (eg. independent contractors and consultants, off-site security storage providers, website hosts, mail-houses, electronic database managers, event managers, credit managers and debt collecting agencies) and to our content providers.
We will not otherwise use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with content, products and/or services which you have requested or to otherwise implement the terms relating to our content, products and/or services or relevant competition;
- we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or the Company; and/or
- the assets and operations of our business are transferred to a third party.
Access and accuracy
Upon request, we will provide you with access to personal information that we hold about you, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted by law for us to withhold this information. To request access to your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by emailing us at the email address set out in the paragraph above and we will amend your record to make the necessary corrections. You can also update your details on the Website.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by the Company.
Please note also that we may use overseas facilities to process or back up information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
In respect of all online dealings, however, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be absolutely guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through our Websites and you use our Websites at your own risk.